Subscribe to the RSS Feed

Ohio Divorce, Dissolution, Custody and Contempt Forms

Virginia Cornwell is an Ohio State Bar Association Certified Family Relations Specialist and an Ohio Family Law Attorney practicing in Columbus and most Ohio Counties.

OHIO DISSOLUTION FORMSEffective July 1, 2013, the Supreme Court of Ohio has adopted 23 new family law forms to assist attorneys and people representing themselves in family law cases.  These forms can be used in ANY county in Ohio, although local courts may require you to use their forms in ADDITION to the forms approved by the Supreme Court. The forms can be accessed as a PDF or in Word format by clicking the link below:


OHIO CUSTODY FORMSCAUTION: You need to be sure you understand the meaning of the box you are checking or form you are selecting.  For instance, there are two forms with very similar titles but very different meanings.  The “Parenting Plan” form is for sole custody parenting arrangements and the “Shared Parenting Plan” is for shared parenting (similar to joint custody).

The forms are in a PDF format which does not appear to be fillable.  You will have to print out the pages you need.  The following forms are included in the new forms.

1) Complaint for Divorce Without Children
2) Complaint for Divorce With Children
3) Counterclaim for Divorce
4) Answer to Complaint for Divorce Without Children (and/or Reply to Counterclaim)
5) Answer to Complaint for Divorce With Children (and/or Reply to Counterclaim)
6) Final Judgment For Divorce Without Children
7) Final Judgment For Divorce With Children
8) Judgment Entry Converting Interest in Real Estate
9) Petition for Dissolution of Marriage (With Children or Without Children and Waiver of Service of Summons
10) Judgment Entry of Dissolution of Marriage (With Children or Without Children)
11) Separation Agreement
12) Shared Parenting Plan
13) Parenting Plan (Sole Custody to One Parent or Split Custody)
14) Parenting Judgment Entry (Sole Custody or Shared Parenting Decree)
15) Complaint for Parentage, Allocation of Parental Rights and Responsibilities (Custody) and Parenting Time (Companionship and Visitation)
16) Motion for Contempt and Affidavit
17) Show Cause Order, Notice and Instructions to the Clerk
18) Motion for Change of Parenting Time (Companionship and Visitation) and Memorandum in Support
19) Motion for Change of Parental Rights and Responsibilities (Custody) and Memorandum in Support
20)  Motion for Change of Child Support, Medical Support, Tax Exemption, or Other Child Related Expenses and Memorandum in Support
21)  Explanation of Health Care Bills (For Contempt)
22)  Waiver of Service of Summons
23)  Request for Service

The following forms were previously provided by the Supreme Court of Ohio (CLICK THE LINK FOR THE FORM YOU WANT):

24) Affidavit of Income and Expenses
25) Parenting Proceeding Affidavit
26) Health Insurance Affidavit
27) Property Disclosure Affidavit
28) Motion and Affidavit or Counteraffidavit for Temporary Orders Without Oral Hearing

Keep in mind, the forms do NOT give legal advice, and do not tell you which option is best for you.  Even if you cannot afford to hire an attorney to help you with your case, it might be worth your time and money to have a consultation with an attorney to discuss what the forms mean so that you can pick the options on the form that will be best for you.  Also, having the right form to file your case does not mean you have all you need to WIN your case if the other side does not agree to what you want.

FOR A CONSULTATION, CALL NOW  at (614) 225-9316 

or contact us by e-mail.

DISCLAIMER – Read it, it’s important!