Subscribe to the RSS Feed

Appealing Your Ohio Family Law Judgment Entry

appeal, appeals, appeal lawyer, appeal attorney, columbus appeal lawyer, columbus appeal attorney, columbus ohio appeal lawyer, columbus ohio appeal attorney, appeal lawyers, appeal attorneysVirginia Cornwell is an Appeal Attorney and a Ohio State Bar Association Certified Family Relations Specialist. 

Okay, let’s say you have already objected to your Magistrate’s Decision, (or, if you never received a Magistrate’s Decision, just a Judgment Entry), and you want to appeal.  The first question you will ask yourself is “How long do I have to file an appeal in Ohio?”  According to Ohio Rule of Appellate Procedure (4)(A)(1), you have 30 days from the date of the Entry.  If you do not have an attorney, or you are considering using a different attorney for your appeal, you do not have a lot of time to interview and hire the attorney you want.  Do NOT wait until the last second.  Start looking right away, because it may take you awhile to find the attorney that is the right fit.

At the Law Offices of Virginia C. Cornwell we represent clients Appeals from final, appealable orders in family law matters such as child support, custody, visitation, divorce, post-decree modifications, spousal support, and more.  We understand that the client may have received a disappointing or even devastating decision, and we do whatever we can to help the client turn things around.  We meet with the client and give them our opinion, as best we can from the Decision or Entry, so that the client may make an informed decision about whether they want to go forward with an Appeal.

If you have a family law appeal and want to talk to an attorney about your case, call our office at 614-225-9316 for a free consultation.

CALL NOW  at (614) 225-9316

appeal lawyer, appeals lawyer, family law appeal lawyer, family law appeals lawyer, child support appeal lawyer, divorce appeal lawyer, custody appeal lawyer, columbus appeal lawyer, columbus appeal lawyers, columbus appeal attorney, columbus appeal attorneys, spousal support appeal lawyer, alimony appeal lawyer, family law appeal lawyerDo you want to talk to an attorney about an appeal?  Our attorneys are here to help you!  It all starts with a phone call.

DISCLAIMER – Read it, it’s important!


  1. J says

    I have a daughter that never married .She has 2 kids by different fathers. Do i as a grandma have a right to visit my grandkids? Right now she is involved with child services. I turned her in for abandoned her son. She does not want him and wont let anyone else have him. She has stopped me from seeing my grandchildren. She does this all the time.I am very concerened about my grandson safty in her her home. I live on my husbands dissabilty with him so i dont have much money for an atty.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.