Subscribe to the RSS Feed

Hocking County, Ohio Parent Visitation Rights and Model Schedule

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:   Counties change their local visitation schedules.  The county you live in may have changed their rule(s) yesterday.  The county you live in may have different visitation schedules for Juvenile Court and Domestic Court. The rule may have been changed or updated since the last time this web page was updated.  In addition, if you already have a visitation schedule pursuant to local rule, and that schedule was attached to your parenting time orders, it is POSSIBLE that the court did not mean for YOUR visitation schedule to change if the local visitation schedule in your county changes. The local visitation schedules are put on this website as a courtesy and are updated as often as possible.  They are NOT legal advice and they are NOT meant to help you figure out if a decision you are about to make would be a violation of an existing court order.  If you want to make sure that you have the most current version of the local rule in your county, you can either look on your county Clerk of Court’s website, go to your local Clerk of Court’s office, or call your local Clerk of Court.

Click here to get a list of phone numbers for the Clerk of Court in your county.

If you know that the court in this county has implemented a new rule, PLEASE tell us by e-mailing us at and we will update our website.

The office of the Clerk of Court cannot give you legal advice.  This website, although prepared in part by attorneys, cannot and does not give you legal advice.  You can only get legal advice by talking to an attorney of your choice about the facts of your case, and the law as it applies to the facts of your case.

If you understand the information you have just read and would like to see the most recent local rule visitation schedule we have on our website, see the information below:

Companionship Schedule
Hocking County Common Pleas Court

Companionship is a time for children to do things with the parent they do not live with.  Activities you can do with them or skills you can teach them help the time be rewarding.  Helping the children find friends in your neighborhood also helps them make it like home for them.

Liberal visiting arrangements are encouraged, as contact with both parents is important to the children.  Specific items in the Journal Entry take precedence over this schedule.  Changes or modifications can be made by the Court if need for such is shown.  This schedule does not affect support payments.

1.         At Such Times And Places As The Parties Agree.

This Will Not Be Normally Less Than:

2.         Weekends:  Alternate weekends from Friday at 6:00 P.M. until Sunday at 6:00 P.M.

3.         Holidays:  In the odd-numbered years, mother has Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve; the father has Memorial Day, Labor Day, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day.  In the even numbered years, the schedule is reversed.

a)  A holiday that falls on a weekend should be spent with the parent who is supposed to have the children for that holiday.  The rest of the weekend is to be spent with the parent who would normally have that weekend.  These do not have to made up.

b)  48 hour notice should be given by the non-custodial parent to the custodial parent of intentions about the holidays.

c)  Mother’s Day and Father’s Day are to be spent with the appropriate parent.  These are agreed or 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.

d)  Other days of special meaning, such as Religious Holidays, Martin Luther King Day, etc., should be decided together, written into the Court Order, and alternated as above.

e)  Hours for parents who cannot agree are as follows:

Easter (10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.),
Memorial Day (9:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M. the next day.  Not to interfere with school), July 4th (9:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M. the next day),
Labor Day (9:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M. the next day.  Not to interfere with school),
Thanksgiving (9:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M. the next day),
Christmas Eve (9:00 P.M. December 23 to 9:00 P.M. December 24),
Christmas Day (9:00 P.M. December 24 to 9:00 P.M. December 25),
New Year’s Eve (9:00 P.M. December 30 to 9:00 P.M. December  31),
New Year’s Day (9:00 P.M. December 31 to 9:00 P.M. January 1).

4.         Birthdays:  This child shall celebrate his/her birthday in the home of the custodial parent, unless it falls on a visitation day, and the other parent can celebrate at another time if desired.

5.         Waiting:  The children and the custodial parent have no duty to await the visiting parent for more than 30 minutes of the visitation time.  A parent who is late forfeits companionship of that period.

6.         Cancellations:  If a child is ill, the custodial parent should give 24-hour notice, if possible, so appropriate plans can be made.  The non-custodial parent should give 24-hour notice to cancel.  The time canceled by the non-custodial parent is forfeited.

7.         Vacations:  Four weeks of companionship each year are to be arranged with 60-day advance notice by the non-custodial parent.  The custodial parent must give the non-custodial parent 60-day notice of vacations or special plans for the child to avoid planning conflicts.

a)  Alternate weekends or holidays which normally would be spent with the custodial parent, and that fall during the non-custodial parent’s vacation must be given to the custodial parent or made up at another time.  Alternate weekends or holidays which normally would be spent with the non-custodial parent, and that fall during the custodial parent’s vacation, must be given to the non-custodial parent or made up at another time.  Holidays and alternate weekends that are to be made up must be given/taken within three (3) months.

b)                  Summer school necessary for the child to pass to the next grade must be attended.

c)  A general itinerary should be provided for the custodial parent if vacation will be out of town

8.         Moving:  For parents residing in different locations that make the above schedule impractical, they shall apply to the Court for modification.

9.         If additional help is needed, contact your legal counsel

Companionship Schedule

(For long distance travel – over 150 miles one way)

1.         Companionship is to take place at such times and places as the parties may agree.

This Will Not Normally Mean Less Than:

2.         Christmas:  School vacation in the even-numbered years or up to five days at Christmas for preschoolers with no school age children.

3.         Easter:  School vacation in the odd-numbered years or up to five days for preschoolders with no school-aged siblings.

4.         Alternative Holiday Plan:  Those who wish more frequent contact, and who develop a plan to pay for the transportation, can have half of Eater vacation, half the summer, alternate-year Thanksgiving, and half of Christmas vacation each year.  The holidays themselves must be alternated, as the parties agree, or Easter and Thanksgiving in the odd-numbered years and Christmas in the even-numbered years for non-custodial parent.

5.         Vacation:  One half of the school summer vacation.  Summer school necessary for the child(ren) to pass to the next grade must be attended.  The custodial parent shall notify the non-custodial parent by March 15 of when the summer vacation begins and ends.  The non-custodial parent must notify the parent as to their intentions by April 15.

a)         If the parties cannot agree which half of the summer they prefer, in even-numbered years, the first half of summer shall be spent at the non-custodial home, and in the odd-numbered years, the second half.

b)         Child(ren) and custodial parent must be allowed to communicate by telephone once a week.  Calling party shall bear the expense.

c)         A general itinerary should be provided to the custodial parent if more than 2 days will be spent away from the non-custodial home.

6.         Additional Visitation:

a)         Weekend:  A once-a-month, weekend visit to the non-custodial home will be permitted if the child’s traveling time does not exceed three hours one way.  The custodial parent must be notified at least one week in advance.

b)         Father’s Day or Mother’s Day can always be spent with the appropriate parent.

c)         The non-custodial parent shall notify the custodial parent at least two days in advance of any time the non-custodial parent will be in the area and wants a visitation period.

d)         The custodial parent must notify the non-custodial parent and child(ren) of any time the custodial parent will be in the area of the non-custodial parent, and visitation must be allowed.

7.         Transportation:  Responsibility for transportation costs should be decided in advance and a plan written into an Order of the Court.

8.         This schedule can be changed or modified by the Court if need for such is shown.

Note To Custodial Parent:  Sufficient clothing and personal items must be sent with the child(ren).

So Ordered.


  1. C says

    I am in a halfway house till december the mother is just in rehab she is trying to move the kids in with her so i cant see them until she is ready to see me with them what can i do to stop then from living in a rehab with them her sister has had them since around february and the mother was out until last month i have been invarerated and seen them once in three years and now that im out and not with her she dont want me to see them what can i do to stop them from moving into rehab with them …her sister and mother dont want them there either she signed a paper giving her sister emergency custody when she got kocked up does that mean anything now

  2. C says

    I am looking for visitation information for specific age groups of children under the age of 12 months, 18 months, and up to 24 months, including breastfeed children.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.