Subscribe to the RSS Feed

How do I sign up or apply for child support in Ohio?

COLUMBUS CHILD SUPPORT LAWYERA Columbus Ohio Child Support Attorney article about Ohio child support, and how to get started.

First and foremost, you need to check out the website for the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, or ODJFS.  Start by clicking here.  Child support is governed by State Law, not County or City Law, so you want to know what the State of Ohio says about how child support should be handled.  If what the county Child Support Enforcement Agency, or CSEA, office tells you is different from the State Law, then you should ask to speak to a supervisor to discuss your concerns.

CALL NOW  at (614) 225-9316 or contact us by e-mail.

FRANKLIN COUNTY CHILD SUPPORT ATTORNEYSAfter you’ve read through the frequently asked questions section of ODJFS, if you think you want to sign up for child support services, you can download the form to get started from this page.  This form is for people who are NOT already on public assistance.  This form will be available in your local child support office, but you might need access to some information you have at home to fill it out, so it’s a good idea to fill the form out before you go to your local CSEA.

CALL NOW  at (614) 225-9316 or contact us by e-mail.

COLUMBUS OHIO CHILD SUPPORT ATTORNEYSIf you have applied for public assistance, it is fairly certain that the County was all over the child support issue from the get-go and signed you up when you applied for public assistance.   If you have any doubt as to whether the County signed you up for child support, ask the local county CSEA in the County where you applied for public assistance.  You can get a list of child support offices and children services offices in every county in Ohio by clicking here.  Call your local county CSEA to find out when is the best time to come down to their office and submit your application for child support services.

CALL NOW  at (614) 225-9316 or contact us by e-mail.



  1. C says

    I live in Pennsylvannia and have been paying
    child support for my two earliest kids from a previous marriage.

  2. J says

    Thanks for any other informative web site. Where else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal way? I have a mission that I am just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.